zondag 22 januari 2012


Movie-like robbery leaves police baffled

Thieves in Manchester dug a tunnel over 30 meters long with the intend to rob a cash machine. They completed their work on January 2nd, stealing only 6000 pounds in the process. The thieves probably miscalculated the amount of money they expected to be in the cash machine. Usually during Bank Holiday the cash machines get emptied after January 2nd but for some reason this has been done earlier, leaving the robbers with far less money. Police estimates it took the robbers over 6 months to complete the tunnel, which leaves us with a question. Why didn’t anyone see anything suspicious during these months

Personally I could not believe that this has actually happened in real life. When I read it, it seemed like some crazy Hollywood movie plot. Think ‘The Italian Job’. This has to be one of the most awesome acts of thievery I have ever read. Hopefully the thieves will be able to enjoy their 6000 pounds, which I think are well deserved after all the hard work.


                        Entrance of the tunnel.
http://www.expressandstar.com/wp-content/uploads/xmlImages/PA/2012/01/N0977571326486381423A.jpg










Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten