zondag 22 januari 2012


Suspicious deaths at Stepping Hill Hospital

Bill Dickinson, a 82 year old male is what seems the fourth victim in a row of suspicious deaths in Stepping Hill Hospital. The man died on New Year’s Eve, contamination of his saline infuse is thought to be the cause of his death. A 46 year old male nurse has been arrested in suspicion of contaminating saline infusions of at least 16 patients, 4 of them are now dead. The arrest has caused a huge panic under staff members and regular patients of the hospital, many of them which rely on the hospital since it is the only one in the area.

Earlier, a female nurse was arrested as well but charges against her have been dropped due to the lack of evidence. For the 46 year old male nurse however, charges seem to stick and he could face a hefty prison sentence.


My reaction

I was quite shocked when I read about this because if there is one place where you should be able to trust people it is the hospital. You trust these people to take care of you and that they will do anything to save your life. When I read the story it also reminded me of some similar incident in The Netherlands, where a nurse was also accused of murdering her own patients. I believe charges against her were also dropped due to a lack of evidence or a mistake in building the case. Scary stuff.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten