zondag 22 januari 2012


Two men escape from arson attack

Two men, one 30 years old the other in his 70’s escapes their house after it was set on fire by what is believed as an arson attack. The fire started around 2 in the morning and caused a lot of damage to the house and the surrounding area. The two men escapes unharmed but scared for life. The younger man woke up in the middle of the night because he heard some noise at his front door, shortly after he realized his front door was on fire. They escaped the house trough the back door. Police is now looking for a dark coloured vehicle that was seen in the area shortly before the incident.

Experts say that the two men were very lucky to have noticed the fire in such an early state, otherwise it could have ended in a different way.


My reaction

I too, believe the two men were quite lucky to escape because besides the fire there is the smoke which spreads very quickly and causes people to faint. I really cannot understand that people would find joy in setting a property on fire, knowing that there are people inside. The cliché which is often seen on television is that the person who lit the fire waits around to ‘watch’ their work. I do not know if this is actually true but if I was looking for the person who lit the fire I’d start by looking in the surrounding area.


Pun intended

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten